Pollinate Energy is a social business based in Australia and India, working to improve the lives of India's urban poor by providing them access to sustainable and affordable products that make their lives better. Pollinate Hyderabad is a 2015 EGF Community Project Grant to Pollinate Energy for the economic empowerment of women in india, promoting clean energy.
This will be achieved in two ways:
- Through job creation: We recruit and train male and female entrepreneurs and give them a ‘business in a bag’ that they operate in local slum communities - selling clean energy technology. These women benefit from better-paid employment, flexible working hours and a social and supportive network of colleagues.
- Through access to affordable clean energy: By purchasing clean energy products on deferred payment plans, women in slums can save money as they no longer by kerosene, improve their health as they stop breathing in harmful indoor air pollution, save time on household duties which can now be performed after sunset, live in better and more comfortable environments, and give their children a chance to study in the evening.
50%August 5, 2015
New Fellowship Pollinators
Two new Pollinators in Hyderabad have started working with families, impacting their lives and others with sustainable solar lights that encourage the community to become coal-free.Read More
Two new Pollinators in Hyderabad have started working with families, impacting their lives and others with sustainable solar lights that encourage the community to become coal-free.
Sai Kishore Kasinikota is serving 56 communities in Malkajgiri, Lalapet, Nacharam, Ramanthapur, Uppal. He has started with the pollinator fellowship and reached out to all of them, impacting 11 families so far. Kishore is loving the job and learning along the way and wants to see the future ahead with pollinate while he continues studying his bachelors in Computer Science Engineering.
1. What is your favourite thing about working with Pollinate Energy? Saikishore likes being helpful to people in the communities and learning a lot in the process from fellows and improving his skills .
2. Why do people want to buy a light? The customers really like the product and the deferred payment plan. The light is bright and is also useful for phone charging and saves money. The warranty and quality of the product are added benefits.
Sai Kumar Kendha is serving 34 communities in Kukatpally area of Hyderabad. He started last month with the fellowship and has impacted 7 families so far and is really enjoying wokring with other communities.
1. What is your favourite thing about working with Pollinate Energy? The best thing about the job is building relationship with the poor and helping them and learning about the marketing which is my area of interest where I want to build my career.
2. Why do people want to buy a light? People mainly buy the light to get out of the darkness and lead a better life with a brigter light. Few people who are paying a lot of money for electricity just for using a light want to save money.Close